Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jargon before eight

We wander and wonder. This life we live is owned by major corporations, news media, Billboard Charts and the police. So long as we are kept poor we are enslaved. Even collegiate professors are elitist with their red pens and ability to shatter our hopes and dreams with a stroke of ink.

We live on our laptops and good days can be defined by the protagonist of our favorite shows finally getting the lover they have yearned for.

I smoke a pack a day because I can find no healthy way to alleviate the pressure of two hands wrapped firmly around my neck as society puts a stranglehold around my passion and creativity. You can't get a job without a degree, even if you are better at what you do than the douche-bag in charge. You can't get by without a pay check even if the role you play in society is more meaningful than those signing the sum' bitch. There is no freedom from hunger. Nor is there freedom from needing a home. And this is my life. I work to eat and keep somewhat warm. Lord knows I would like to spend my money on guitars, drugs, flowers for my girl... But even these little things are huge in the scheme of things.

But because of you, society, no one can live free. You want fast cars and fast woman. You want big TV's and bigger houses. You want a fat steak and a fat wallet.

I want REAL freedom. The freedom to be passionate and creative without you telling me I need a job and I need money. If you bastards would let me live and love in peace I wouldn't be going to pieces trying to make it in this society you have so humbly taken over.

I am no righteous man. And I have no intent to play that role. Your system has failed, but you have sent it to summer school indefinitely giving it endless opportunities to get its' grades up and pass onto the next generation. It failed us, it will fail them.

Like a tumor, just waiting to give you cancer your capitalistic society is benign. Someone needs to surgically repair this problem before it's too late.

Perhaps... It already is.

No comments: